SOLE THERAPY Dry Needling workshops with Nicole Reilly. Do both days or just one.
See the PDF Flip book for course details, presenters Bio and further event information:
2-DAY COURSE OVERVIEW
The 2 day course consists of a combination of lecture and theory, regional anatomy review, needle demonstration followed by a large amount of hands-on supervised practical sessions. The group size is limited to a small group to allow a deeper level of understanding and one-on-one practical sessions.
Pre Reading and Course notes will be supplied prior to the course date for your review.
Trigger point dry needling will be presented as a tool to evaluate and treat the neuromuscular system and musculoskeletal injuries that are commonly treated by podiatrists. The Travell & Simons’ techniques will be discussed and demonstrated. Supporting research will be presented and also discussed.
Nicole Reilly has been combining east and western medicine successfully into her practice SOLE THERAPY for over 11 Years. Nicole will not only teach you how to can use Dry Needling in a clinical setting but also how you can combine this treatment with traditional eastern Acupuncture (TCM) points to enhance patient outcomes.
You will also learn tips and tricks on biomechanical and neurological assessment of the feet, knees and hips. In addition to common kinesiology taping (KT-Tape) methods used on the feet, knee’s and backs.
This course is only be offered through SOLE THERAPY.
• A degree qualification in Podiatry with professional indemnity insurance.
• 4thYear Podiatry Students allowed.
• Course participants are required to act as subjects as required for the duration of the course. Please advise management before course date if you do not want to be needled due to current health complications/contraindications or extreme needle phobias.
• This course is not advisable for anyone who is pregnant (unless they are prepared to bring a friend willing to be needled on their behalf)
• To be eligible for the ADVANCED course participants must have completed NICOLE REILLY'S Introduction course on Dry Needling within the last 12 months to attend DAY TWO of this course.
• Any one can attend DAY ONE that has a qualification in allied health or is studying in the field.
COURSE DATE - 7th & 8th MARCH 2020
COURSE LIMIT -There is a limit to 16 per group.
2-DAY DRY NEEDLING COURSE:
FULL PRICE (PRACTICING PODIATRIST) 2-DAY: $850 (Plus GST)
FULL PRICE (STUDENT RATES) 2-DAY: $800 (Plus GST)
1-DAY DRY NEEDLING COURSE:
FULL PRICE ONE DAY ONLY: $650 (Plus GST)
EARLY BIRD & DISCOUNT RATES MAY APPLY - Email clinic with your enquiry (email@example.com)
CONTACT HOURS - Category B - Further Education: 8 Hours per day attended
COURSE LOCATION - SYDNEY
WHICH MUSCLES CAN I TREAT AFTER I COMPLETE DAY 1 OF THIS COURSE? WHAT WILL I LEARN AND MASTER?
• Dorsal and plantar aspects of the foot.
• Complete Lower Extremity - medial, lateral, anterior and posterior compartments.
• Learn how to apply Dry Needling and Acupuncture techniques in a clinical setting.
• Treat Heel, Medial/lateral ankle and Forefoot/bunion patient presentations with success after learning this skill.
WHICH MUSCLES CAN I TREAT AFTER I COMPLETE DAY 2 THIS COURSE? WHAT WILL I LEARN AND MASTER?
• Thigh-anterior, medial, lateral and posterior
• Needling for pain relief – this relates to thigh, knee and common back issues seen by a Podiatrist.
• Hamstrings – insertional and mid belly pain.
• Adductors and groin pathology addressed.
• The Hip, including Gluteals and TFL
• Lower Back and spinal process, including QL
• Learn how to effectively assess the hip and dry needle the hip to reduce back pain in a clinical setting.
• Learn how to help people overcome Knee pain without the need for surgery in the sporting and aging population.
• Learn how to treat quadricep, hamstring and groin injuries.
• Pre-Course Reading Material
• Goodies Bag for attending
• Muscle Chart links for in clinic use
• Patient Consent Forms
• Free yummy lunch and snacks
• Free tea and coffee station
This workshop will accommodate beginners and those who are already using Dry Needling techniques. The course is designed so that you will have the practical expertise to start using this new modality come Monday morning in your clinic. For students, this will look amazing on your CV giving you the leading edge come employment in 2020 after graduation.
Workshop places are limited. Places are saved on receipt of full payment. Fee includes $150 non-refundable administration cost up to 4 weeks before the workshop. Thereafter cancellation fee is 50% of amount paid or credit note.
To register: Email the following information: your name, practice name and address, contact telephone number and the amount that you have paid by EFT/CREDIT CARD to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any queries please address these also to this email address email@example.com