SOLE THERAPY specializes in the development and growth of children’s feet. As children’s posture, musculature and bone growth undergo many different changes until the age of 18 it is important to ensure their feet and movements are developing correctly prior or this.
Podiatry and Children
Children’s feet change in length and shape over time; therefore, it is important to understand the abnormalities that can associate with your child’s feet and movement. SOLE THERAPY understands the importance of your child’s growth and development and what prevention measures or modifications that could assist.
Signs and Symptoms associated with children’s feet include:
- Flat and high arched feet
- Idiopathic toe walking
- In-toe walking (pigeon-toed) and out-toe walking
- Heel pain – Severs disease
- Knee pain- Osgood-Schlatter’s disease
- Knee, hip, back, leg, ankle, or foot pain
- Plantar warts
- Ingrown toenails
How can SOLE THERAPY help?
SOLE THERAPY’s services for children include:
- Biomechanical assessments – including pressure distribution mapping, computerized gait analysis and posture
- Footwear advice
- Stretching and strengthening exercises
- Orthotic therapy that is custom made on the day, so you do not have to wait
- General treatments to attend to ingrown nails and plantar warts
Early screening is key with kids’ feet. The arch forms between ages 3 and 7 years of age. With every SOLE THERAPY intervention, we use conservative treatment modalities that always promote healthy developmental milestones so your child can live their best life from the ground up.