Arthritis refers to degeneration in a joint. It can occur from wear and tear, injury or auto immune conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis. If not managed conservatively arthritis can lead to surgery in the form of joint replacement.
Arthritis in the knee does not discriminate! It affects people of all ages and walks of life- from tradies to travel retirees and weekend warriors.
Knee arthritis is one of the most common forms that we see at SOLE THERAPY. Our patients often complain of:
- Buckling knee
- Cracking or popping
- Difficultly moving up and down stairs
- Pain rising up from a seated position
Pain will often develop gradually, occurring first thing the morning or after prolonged activity.
SOLE THERAPY has a wealth of experience in treating knee arthritis. We are experienced in getting our patients out of immediate pain.
We will investigate contributing factors to your pain:
- Poor foot posture leading to incorrect knee function
- Uneven hips placing more pressure on one knee
- Unsupportive footwear with little shock absorption
- Repetitive movements such as squatting, kneeling or lifting heavy objects
By investigating and treating these factors we are getting the root cause- keeping you out of pain and surgery!!!
At SOLE THERAPY we offer:
- Dry needling/Acupuncture to address with initial pain, inflammation and tight structures around knee
- Knee taping to assist with aligning the knee
- SOLE THERAPY functional orthotics that will address movement issues and provide shock absorption
- Assist with fitting and provide footwear options to give extra support and cushioning
- Personalized and graduated stretching and strengthening program for at home relief
SOLE THERAPY is the place to visit for knee arthritis- come and visit us to start moving pain free!
Words from one of our Podiatrist's,
DR VICTORIA KOKOTATSIOS