CONSERVATIVE AND SURGICAL TREATMENT AT SOLE THERAPY
Here at Sole Therapy, we are experts at treating ingrown toenails and see them on a regular basis. An ingrown toenail occurs when the nail grows into the surrounding skin. They can become red, hot, swollen and extremely painful. The nail can often pierce the skin, creating a portal of entry for infection.
So what causes ingrown toenails?
- Incorrect cutting
- Tight footwear
- Fan-shaped nails
- Naturally turned in nails
- Excessive sweating
- Our podiatry experts will remove the piece of nail piercing into the skin
- This may cause a small amount of pain
- You will be given education on how to care for any infection present
- The underlying cause of the ingrown nail will address to prevent re- occurrence
If an ingrown toenail is unable to be treated conservatively, (i.e. recurrent or extremely painful), a small surgical procedure may be required. A Partial Nail Avulsion (PNA) is completed under a local anaesthetic. The offending piece of nail is removed and the nail base (matrix) is sterilised to prevent regrowth. This procedure is extremely successful.
No matter if you have a recurrent or newly presenting ingrown toe nail, SOLE THERAPY can help you! Make an appointment with our online booking system or call the clinic today.
Words from one of our Podiatrist's,
DR VICTORIA KOKOTATSIOS